U.S. Economic Outlook Faces Downside Risks:
- Equity markets continued to feel jitters during the week amid global headwinds,
- Although headline retail sales in December were in line with expectation
- Industrial production also declined more than expect
- Brent crude hits 12-year low
Modest Pace of Growth Continues in Western Europe:
- Industrial production in the Eurozone fell 0.7 percent in November
- Industrial production in the United Kingdom was also weak in November,
Interest Rate Watch: TED-Risk or Rate Expectations?
Where are the credit issues?
Credit Market Insights: Beige Book Outlook on Credit
Is the Manufacturing Industry in a Recession? Back-to-back contractionary readings in the ISM manufacturing index and another soft print for industrial production leave no doubt that the manufacturing sector is struggling; but, is activity clearly contracting as would be consistent with an industry recession?
Read the complete commentary here: weekly-20160115